04286 - 266345 firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Animal husbandry section has strong intention to popularise innovative cost effective technologies for livestock farmers of Namakkal district, promoting integrated farming system and encouraging value addition of livestock farm produce.
1. Need based training programmes conducted on different field crops for Practicing Farmers, Farm Women and Rural Youth
2. Training programmes of innovative technologies conducted to Extension Functionaries for dissemination of technologies among the farmers
3. Skill Council Trainings to the livestock farmers
4. Interventions Proposed based on the Prioritized Problems (OFT & FLD)
|Sl.No.||Description||No. of Demo||No. of Animals|
|Name of the OFT Programme (2017-18)|
|1||Assessment of mastiguard efficacy in clean milk production||10||20|
|Name of the FLD Programme (2017-18)||2||Demonstration on utilization of crop residues of cassava leaves & banana pseudo stem as animal feed||5||10|
|3||Demonstrating EVM method of deworming & assessment of worm load in Small Ruminants||10||60|
|4||Demonstration of Package of practices to prevent chick mortality in Japanese Quail farming||5||2500|
|5||Demonstration on EVM treatment for Ranikhet Disease in Native Chickens||10||250|
5. Special Activities
6. Specialised KVK for Small Holder livestock and Poultry farming
KVK Namakkal was selected as Specialised KVK for Small Holder livestock and Poultry farming by ICAR and allotted with the budget outlay of 15 lakhs and under this, one fish cum duck pond as integrated farming was created in the KVK premises, one bore well was digged for water recharge and diagnostic lab was constructed (7.5 lakhs) and purchased farm and lab equipment (7.5 lakhs) to exhibit innovative technologies in livestock farming and farm mechanisation to equip small holder farmer in the current era.
7. Village Adoption Programme
Under Village adoption programme, Anniyapuram and Peramandampalayam villages were selected and activities being carried out for interdisciplinary and comprehensive approach for holistic development of the villages.
Krishi Vigyan Kendra © 2018.